Lincoln MoneyGuard® II – Introducing Expanded Payment Options and
Pricing Changes in California and Hawaii
Effective November 20, 2017, Lincoln MoneyGuard® II will be introducing expanded payment options and
pricing changes for new sales of the product in California and Hawaii.
Due to customer demand, we are expanding our payment options to provide more financial flexibility to
clients. Our new expanded payment options will give clients greater flexibility to purchase a policy at an earlier
age and spread their payments over a longer period of time.
Listed below is the availability for the new expanded payment options;
• Clients ages 40 to 54 will now have the option to fund up to age 65, potentially for as long as 25 years.
• Clients between the ages of 55 and 72 will continue to have a choice of payment options up to 10
• Clients between the ages of 73 and 79 will have a new schedule of payment options. Starting at age
73, clients can choose options up to 9 years, grading down by one year at each subsequent age, to 3
years of payments at age 79.
• Single premium payment options are still available.
The pricing changes identified below were made following a thorough and in-depth analysis of all factors
influencing pricing, including those related to the persistently low interest rates. These are the first pricing
changes since the product was introduced in early 2014 and will result in a pricing increase or decrease,
depending on each client’s specific situation.
• Overall, the pricing is increasing by an average of 10%
• In our core markets:
o Single pay premium rates will increase by a range of 2% to 11% with an average increase of 10%
o Flexible premium rates will increase by a range of 8% to 18% with an average increase of 14%
At certain ages, this pricing adjustment may alter the benefit level or rider combinations available for sale. For
situations where rider/inflation combinations are no longer available, there are alternative options.
Reflected below are the Transition Guidelines for this rollout:
• For applications to qualify for the current Lincoln MoneyGuard® II (2015) pricing:
o California: The fully completed Part 1 for Lincoln MoneyGuard® II (2015) and Ticket must
be signed, dated, and received in good order by Lincoln’s home office by November 17,
2017, 11:59 PM EST.
o Hawaii: The completed ticket and one other required point of sale form for Lincoln
MoneyGuard® II (2015) must be signed, dated, and received in good order by Lincoln’s
home office by November 17, 2017, 11:59 PM EST.
• For pending business, after November 17, 2017 Lincoln will accept a written request and a revised
projection of values to change to Lincoln MoneyGuard® II (2017).
• For issued or placed business, normal internal replacement guidelines apply. Rewrites will not be
• As a reminder, the standard MoneyGuard® Rules are: Once a ticket is submitted, the Personal
History Interview (PHI) must be completed within 60 days of submission. In addition, the case must
be placed within 90 days of the PHI (unless medical records are required). If these conditions are
not met, the case will be closed out. If a case is reopened, a new ticket must be submitted, and
the case will be subject to the premium rates in effect at that time.
• Advisors who are not properly credentialed (licensing/appointment/etc.) to solicit business when
the paperwork is submitted will be subject to the premium rates in effect on the date when the
advisor becomes properly credentialed and resubmits the paperwork.