It's that time of year again - November is Long-Term Care Awareness Month. It's not easy talking about long-term care. However, the reality is people are naturally lousy planners. They tend to be overly optimistic. Although it is no fun letting people know they may need LTC, sometimes the only way to get people to take action is to remind them of the consequences of NOT planning.
Here are five different LTC Awareness month items that can help build awareness.
- LTC 101 video from Life Happens - It's just two minutes long but very informative. This consumer approved clip does a great job explaining the basics of long-term care insurance and why it's important. Take a look at Life Happens' other consumer materials, including flyers, brochures, videos and social media graphics and posts.
- Genworth's LTC Awareness Month resource page - Find tools including a piece on dispeling the myths about LTC, the latest cost of care findings, tips, conversation starters and more.
- LTC_Sales_Idea_Booklet_Mutual_of_Omaha - This booklet provides tips and ideas to tackle LTC issues head on so you can turn your clients' needs and concerns into sales. Also take a look at Six_Ways_to_get_the_Conversation_Going_flyer_from_Mutual_of_Omaha.
- Who_Will_Pay_for_Care_Infographic_from_LifeSecure - Eye opening stats you can share with clients.
- Discovering_the_value_of_long-term_care_insurance_presentation - A powerpoint presentation from Genworth designed for advisors to use with their clients. It is educational and can be used during initial long-term care discussions.